Denny Irawan

Denny Irawan

Denny started his legal career in 2007 and joined AHP in 2014. At AHP, he focuses his practice on general corporate and M&A sectors.

Prior to joining AHP, Denny worked for six years in another prominent law firm in Indonesia. Since joining AHP, Denny has gained invaluable experience from representing Indonesian and foreign investors in their challenging transactions. He has amassed practical professional expertise in the mergers and acquisitions arena, as well as general corporate practice. He has advised clients across a wide range of sectors, including start-up companies, multi finance companies, telecommunications providers, private equity firms and manufacturing enterprises.

Denny was also seconded to Rajah & Tann Singapore for two months where he gained exposure to regional M&A transactions.
 

Qualifications

  • LLB., Atma Jaya Catholic University of Indonesia, Indonesia (2006)
  • Licensed to practice law as an advocate by the Indonesian Bar Association (Peradi)
     

Notable Cases & Transactions

  • Assisted PT Multimedia Nusantara (METRA), a subsidiary of PT Telekomunikasi Indonesia, the country's largest telecommunications provider, in relation to the establishment of a joint venture (JV) with an Australia-based telecommunications provider, Telstra Corporation Limited. Metra is the majority shareholder in the JV company.
  • Advised Itochu Corporation on its acquisition, alongside PT Itochu Indonesia and Century Tokyo Leasing Corporation, of 70% of the issued and paid-up capital of PT Hexa Finance Indonesia (previously known as PT Hitachi Construction Machinery Finance Indonesia) from Hitachi Construction Machinery Co., Ltd.
  • Acted as the legal counsel of several local investors in relation to the purchase of 90% shares of PT Golden Retailindo Tbk from the sellers. AHP also acted as the counsel of PT Amanda Cipta Persada, the new controller of PT Golden Retailindo Tbk, to conduct a mandatory tender offer of the remaining 10% shares of PT Golden Retailindo Tbk in accordance with the prevailing Bapepam rule.
  • Acted as the Indonesian legal counsel of a Singapore-based investment firm in the proposed joint venture with a prominent property company in Indonesia. The proposed joint venture was established by way of the acquisition of majority shares via the subscription of new shares in the proposed joint venture company.
  • Acted as counsel to the Indonesian online retailer PT Tokopedia in respect of its sale of shares to private equity investors as part of its latest fund-raising round, which successfully raised approximately USD 115 million.
  • Represented shareholders of PT Bank Maspion Indonesia Tbk in the sale of its shares to Kasikornbank Public Company Limited.
  • Acted for an overseas-based private equity firm in connection with its investment in an Indonesian payment systems gateway provider.
  • Acted for one of Japan's largest consumer finance companies in connection with its acquisition of a 40% stake in an Indonesian consumer finance firm.
  • Advised a Singapore-based private equity fund on its acquisition of an Indonesian paint manufacturer and Indonesian paint distribution firm.
  • Acted as the legal counsel of DKSH Holding AG (DKSH) in relation to the proposed acquisition of majority shares of PT Wicaksana Overseas International, Tbk (WICO), an Indonesian listed company engages in the distribution and trading of F&B and others. The acquisition triggered a mandatory tender offer, which was successfully completed by DKSH.

 

MEMBERS