- Bachelor of Economics, University of Indonesia (2006)
- Bachelor of Law, University of Sahid Jakarta (2012)
- LL.M., University of Hamburg & Erasmus University of Rotterdam, M.LE., University of Bologna (2014)
- Licensed to practice law as an advocate by Indonesian Bar Association (Peradi)
- Halal Supervisor Competency and Implementation of Halal Standard (2022)
- Implementation of Halal Product Assurance System for SMEs (2023)
- The Head of Research and Development, Indonesian Competition Lawyers Association (ICLA).
- Member of the American Bar Association, Antitrust Section
- Co-author of Indonesia chapter of the ABA Essentials of Merger Review;
- Co-author of Indonesia chapter of the ABA Price Discrimination Handbook;
- Co-author of Indonesia chapter of the Getting the Deal Through – Cartel Regulation 2012 and 2013, Law Business Research, London;
- Co-author of Indonesia chapter of the Getting the Deal Through – Merger Control 2010, 2011 and 2012, Law Business Research, London;
- Co-author of Indonesia chapter of the Asia-Pacific Antitrust Review 2011, Law Business Research, London;
- Co-author of Indonesia chapter of the Getting the Deal Through - Dominance 2010, Law Business Research, London.
Albert is a seasoned legal professional specializing in competition and antitrust law. With over a decade of experience in this field, he has been a valuable asset to the firm since he joined in September 2014. Throughout his career, he has provided expert counsel to numerous clients on a wide range of adversarial and non-adversarial competition law matters, including vertical restriction, cartel, and merger control issues.
Albert has successfully represented clients from diverse industries such as mining, flat glass, chemicals, cement, transport, media, automotive, e-commerce, ride-hailing, fintech, online travel agency, packaging, heavy machinery, and energy in merger filings. His proficiency in navigating complex regulatory frameworks has made him a trusted advisor to businesses seeking compliance and strategic guidance in this competitive landscape.
In addition to his expertise in competition and antitrust, Albert also specializes in consumer protection and halal regulation and certification. His comprehensive understanding of halal regulations and extensive training in the halal certification process in Indonesia have made him a sought-after authority in this area. He has helped numerous companies implement halal product assurance systems in their businesses, ensuring compliance with the highest industry standards.
Albert's impressive academic background reflects his commitment to continuous professional development. He holds a Bachelor of Economics degree from the prestigious University of Indonesia and a Bachelor of Law degree from the esteemed University of Sahid Jakarta. Moreover, he has earned a master's degree in law and economics through the European Master Law and Economics Program, where he pursued his studies at three renowned universities: the University of Bologna, University of Hamburg, and Erasmus University of Rotterdam, as part of the prestigious Erasmus Mundus program.
- Representing a global car air conditioner manufacturer in an investigation of cartel conduct.
- Represented the biggest car distributor in Indonesia in an investigation of monopolization conduct.
- Represented Meratus, a leading Indonesian shipping company, in its appeal to the District Court in relation to the Indonesia Competition Commission (“KPPU”)’s decision of price fixing allegation against Meratus and three other shipping companies. (2021)
- Represented the Japfa Group as the defendant in the late merger filing case before KPPU, in the appeal process before the South Jakarta District Court and in the cassation in the Supreme Court;
- Provided competition advice to companies in a variety of industries, among others, PT Bank Permata Tbk, PT Unilever Indonesia Tbk, PT Garuda Indonesia Tbk, PT Toyota Astra Motor, PT Philips Indonesia, PT Huawei Tech Investment, PT Johnson and Johnson Indonesia, PT Yusen Logistics Indonesia, PT Asahimas Chemical, PT Asahimas Flat Glass Tbk, Mitsubishi Chemical, Mitsubishi Rayon Co, Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, NTN Corporation, Showa Corporation, JTEKT Corporation, and Mitsui Chemical.
- Represented PT GoTo Gojek Tokopedia Tbk and its subsidiaries in KPPU merger filings in relation to the share acquisition of several companies, e.g., PT Swift Shipment Solutions, PT Kripto Maksima Koin, PT RAMA Multifinance, PT Tokopedia, Moka Technology Solutions Pte. Ltd. (Moka), PT Midtrans (Midtrans), PT Nadi Solusi Bisnis (NadiPos), PT Lintas Promosi Global (Promogo), PT Mapan Global Tech (Mapan), PT Global Loket Sejahtera (Loket.com). (2018 – 2023)
- Represented Amphenol Corporation (“Amphenol”) in KPPU merger filing in relation the merger with MTS Systems Corporation. (2022)
- Represented FLS Germany Holding GmbH in KPPU merger filing on the acquisition of thyssenkrupp Mining Technologies GmbH. (2022)
- Represented SIG Group AG in KPPU merger filings on the acquisition of Scholle IPN and Pactiv Evergreen Inc.’s Asia Pacific chilled carton operations. (2022)
- Represented Reliance New Energy Solar Limited, a subsidiary of Reliance Industries Limited, in KPPU merger filing on the acquisition of REC Solar Holdings AS. (2022)
- Represented SCG Packaging in KPPU merger filings in relation to the share acquisitions of PT Fajar Surya Wisesa Tbk and Intan Group. (2021)
- September 8, 2023
- August 23, 2023
- August 15, 2023