OverviewAt AHP, we understand Islamic finance and have been in the vanguard of the sector’s rapid expansion and development in Indonesia. Over the years we have amassed a wealth of experience in structuring and implementing sophisticated Shariah-complaint investment and financing transactions -- including complex Murabaha financing, Ijarah leasing, and Mudarabah and Musharakah contractual arrangements. Based on our in-depth understanding of the religious and conventional legal principles that underpin Islamic finance, we are uniquely well-positioned to offer expert and innovative advice on how to conduct any transaction in a Shariah-compliant manner, and to provide the kind of end-to-end solutions that you need.
- Helped the Ministry of Finance draft the country’s first Sukuk legislation, in collaboration with HSBC.
- Advised the Ministry of Finance on the issuance of a USD 650 million international sovereign Sukuk in 2009, marking the first such Sukuk offered by the Government of Indonesia.
- Among the important Shariah mandates that we have handled in recent years are PT Indosat Tbk’s IDR 200 billion Ijarah Sukuk
- Representing HSBC, Jakarta branch, as facility agent in its USD 292 million Master Murabaha Financing Agreement for PT Pertamina (Persero).
- Advising a Malaysian bank on its proposed acquisition of an Indonesian bank and its subsequent conversion into a Shariah operation, as well as the Islamic banking arm of an international bank on the development of Shariah-compliant home financing packages tailor-made for the Indonesian market
- April 14, 2022