- University of Indonesia, LL.B.
- Cornell Law School, LL.M.
- Licensed to practice law as an advocate by the Indonesian Bar Association (PERADI)
- Ranked as Hall of Fame for Corporate/M&A, Legal 500 (2020)
- Ranked as Leading Individual for Banking & Finance and Capital Markets, Legal 500 (2015-2020)
- Ranked in Band 1 for Corporate/M&A and Capital Markets; Band 2 for Projects & Energy, Chambers Asia (2015-2020)
- Ranked as Market Leader in Banking, Capital Markets, Energy and Infrastructure, Oil & Gas, M&A, and Project Finance, IFLR1000 (2015-2020)
- Ranked as Elite practitioner for Banking & Finance and Corporate/M&A, Asialaw Profiles (2015 – 2020)
- Generational Inclusion Lawyer of the Year, Chambers Diversity and Inclusion Asia Pacific Awards (2020)
- Listed as one of Indonesia Top 100 Lawyers, Asia Business Law Journal Indonesia Top 100 Lawyers (2018 – 2020)
- Member of Advisory Board of Standard Board of Indonesian Association of Capital Market Legal Consultants (Himpunan Konsultan Hukum Pasar Modal)
- Member of the Indonesian Legal Consultants Association (Asosiasi Konsultan Hukum Indonesia)
Over the course of his career, Fikri has served as lead counsel in hundreds of mergers and acquisitions, ranging in sizes, as well as numerous venture capital, private-equity financings, and a significant number of public offerings and private placements, including offerings based on Islamic principles. His experience also includes restructurisation, project finance, and banking and finance transactions.
Fikri is also one of the founders of www.hukumonline.com, the first legal portal in Indonesia, that collates legal information, references, and news in one place.
- Advised PT Bank Tabungan Pensiuan Nasional (“BTPN”) in its complex merger with PT Bank Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation Indonesia in which BTPN being the surviving bank. This was the first merger involving banking institutions to be conducted under the most recent merger regulation issued by Indonesia’s Financial Services Authority (OJK).
- Represented PT Royal Industries Indonesia (“RII”) in relation to suspension of payment proceedings before the Central Jakarta District Court - Commercial Court. The matter also involved assisting RII in the negotiation with creditors as well as drafting and finalizing the settlement agreement.
- Assisted PT Indonesia Asahan Aluminium (Persero) (“Inalum”) to issue (i) USD 1 billion three-year notes at 5.230% due 2021, (ii) USD 1.25 billion five-year notes at 5.710% due 2023, (iii) USD 1 billion 10-year notes at 6.530% due 2028, and (iv) USD 750 million 30-year notes at 6.757% due 2048. Proceeds from the bonds were used to fund the acquisition of a majority stake in PT Freeport Indonesia, concessionaire of the largest gold mine and the second largest copper mine in the world, by the Republic of Indonesia through Inalum. This deal awarded Debt Market Deal of the Year from ALB Indonesia Law Awards 2019.
- Assisted the Republic of Indonesia and the Issuer in the issuance of world’s first Green Sukuk bond – US$ 1.25 billion 5-year and US$ 1.75 billion 10-year Reg S / 144A Trust Certificates due in 2023 and 2028, respectively. These securities are part of the Sukuk Wakalah issuance programme. This deal awarded Indonesia Deal of the Year and Sovereign (global) Deal of the Year: First ever sovereign green sukuk from IFN Awards 2019, and Debt Market Deal of the Year from ALB Indonesia Law Awards 2018.
- Acted as the Indonesian legal counsel for the Republic of Indonesia in the successful issuance of Government Samurai Bonds, which comprised of four series. It is the first time that the bonds were issued using the Japanese Shelf Registration scheme.
- May 31, 2022
- April 14, 2022