Banking and Finance
AHP has a deep bench of lawyers. They provide thorough and commercial advice.
The AHP banking team is proactive and has an excellent market reputation. Their advice has been of the highest quality.
OverviewAs today’s financial markets become more complex, our Banking and Finance team combines legal experience, market knowledge, and practicality to help clients navigate the risks and opportunities they face.
Given our long-standing experience in Indonesia, we understand the challenges of doing business here. Our lawyers have unparalleled and in-depth experience in handling the most complex banking and finance transactions. We understand your need and deliver value by giving legal advice that is practical and commercial.
Our skills and deep local knowledge have enabled us to be the “go-to” firm for local and multinational clients alike, including state-owned entities, the leading financial institutions, as well as major multinationals in the manufacturing, energy, infrastructure, and technology, media and telecommunications industry, to name a few.
What they say about usWith such high profile clients on our books, we believe that we are more than justified in claiming a place in the premier league for this type of work – something that has been recognised by respected international legal directory, Chambers Asia, which describes AHP as “an excellent team, their work is very impressive,” and our senior partner Mr. Ahmad Fikri Assegaf as a lawyer who “’stands out in the market,’ for his valuable financing skills and experience, which attracts big-name clients.” We are also recommended by The Legal500 for Banking & Finance, which names Mr. Assegaf a “Leading Individual” in this practice area, while AsiaLaw Leading Lawyers describes Mr. Assegaf as a leading Asia-Pacific practitioner in banking & finance. In addition, we are recommended for this practice area by IFLR1000 Asia Pacific.
For information on our Shariah practice, please see separate section on Islamic Banking
We help clients with
- Acquisition Finance
- Derivatives & Financial Products
- Financial Services Regulatory
- Islamic Finance
- Loans & Credit Facilities
- Project Finance
- Real Estate Finance
- Securitisation & Structured Finance
- Sustainable Finance
- Trade & Export Finance
- Advised a leading Indonesian coal mining firm on its USD 400 million credit facility from the Singapore branch of a leading European bank
- Advised a US-government linked development finance institution in connection with its USD 10 million loan for the development of a rice mill in East Java
- Advised a World Bank agency on its USD 35 million loan facility to an Indonesian oil storage operator
- Arranging a complex USD 45 million financing package for the development of a tolled expressway in Indonesia
- Arranging a USD 75 million loan facility to an automotive finance company