- LL.B., University of Indonesia
- LL.M., University of Aberdeen, Scotland
- Licensed to practice law as an advocate by the Indonesian Bar Association (PERADI)
- Named the “Woman Lawyer of the Year” by ALB Indonesia Law Awards 2019
- Highly regarded in Project Development, Project Finance and Islamic Finance by IFLR1000 (2017-2019)
- Recommended for Projects & Energy by Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2016-2019)
- Recognized for Energy & Natural Resources by Asialaw Leading Lawyers (2018-2019)
- Recognized internationally by International Financial Law Review for her expertise in Project development, Project finance and Islamic Finance (2018-2019)
She has also been recognised internationally by the International Financial Law Review for her expertise in M&A and Islamic Finance due to her involvement in advising the Indonesian government on the country's first sovereign global Islamic bond in 2009, and the subsequent issuances in 2011, 2013 and 2015. In the issuance of the world's first Sovereign Green Sukuk bonds by the Republic of Indonesia in 2018, she was the co-lead partner assisting the government and the issuer throughout the entire offering process.
Kanya holds a Bachelor of Laws degree, majoring in transnational law, from the University of Indonesia, and an LL.M in oil and gas law from the University of Aberdeen in Scotland.
- Assisting the Republic of Indonesia and the Issuer in the issuance of world’s first Green Sukuk bond. The Republic issued US$ 1.25 billion 5-year and US$ 1.75 billion 10-year Reg S / 144A Trust Certificates due in 2023 and 2028, respectively.
- Representing the Asian Development Bank in a USD 40 million project financing for construction and development of 21 MW solar power plant in North Sulawesi and three 7 MW solar power plants in Lombok, West Nusa Tenggara by Vena Energy (formerly, Equis Energy, Asia’s largest independent infrastructure private equity manager).
- Representing the Asian Development Bank in a USD 120 million project financing for construction and development of 72 MW Tolo wind-farm project in Jeneponto, South Sulawesi by Vena Energy (formerly, Equis Energy Asia’s largest independent infrastructure private equity manager).
- Representing the Korea Development Bank, Société Générale Hong Kong Branch and Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation Singapore Branch as mandated lead arrangers in the US$ 147.5 million financing for the development of 42 MW run-of the river hydroelectric power project in Toba Samosir district, North Sumatra.
- Representing the Korea Export-Import Bank in the US$ 140 million financing for the financing of a 2x28 MW run-of-the-river hydroelectric power project in Tanggamus District, Lampung Province, Indonesia.
- Representing the Export-Import Bank of China in a US$ 1.2 billion project financing of a 2x600 MW mined-mouth coal fired power plant project in South Sumatera, Indonesia, by a consortium of China Huadian Hong Kong Corporation and PT Bukit Asam Tbk.
- Representing Star Energy Geothermal (Wayang Windu) Limited in the issuance of 6.75% US$ 580 million Green Senior Secured Notes due 2033, listed on the Singapore Stock Exchange.
- Representing the consortium of Star Energy in the acquisition and financing 377 MW Salak Geothermal Power plant and 270 MW Darajat geothermal power plant, the largest geothermal power producer in Indonesia.
- Represented the Government of the Republic of Indonesia and Perusahaan Penerbit SBSN Indonesia III in relation to the issuance of USD 750,000,000 3.400% Trust Certificates due 2021 and USD 1,750,000,000 4.550% Trust Certificates due 2026 under the Indonesian Government’s USD 10,000,000,000 Trust Certificate Issuance Program, through an offering outside the Republic, to be listed on the Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited and the NASDAQ Dubai.
- This marked the largest ever Asian USD Sukuk transaction, the largest ever USD Sukuk issued by the Republic of Indonesia and the first ever dual-trance USD Sukuk issued by the Republic of Indonesia as of the date of issuance.
- September 8, 2023
- August 23, 2023
- August 15, 2023