- LL.B., Diponegoro University (2003)
- LL.M., University of Indonesia (2008)
- Licensed to practice law as an advocate by the Indonesian Bar Association (PERADI)
- Chairman of the Indonesian Competition Lawyers Association (ICLA)
- Ranked in “Band 2” in Competition/Antitrust by Chambers & Partners (2020-2021)
- A client commented “He has been doing competition law his whole career, so I have no doubts about his expertise." another client described him as a “well rounded” practitioner. – Chambers & Partners (2021)
- Asep was referred to as “a really good litigation partner” by a client. – The Legal 500 (2019)
- ominated for the Most Inspiring Lawyer in the Field of Pro Bono Litigation category at Hukumonline Award 2019 – Pro Bono Champions.
With a career spanning over two decades, Asep stands as a seasoned and accomplished commercial litigator. Since embarking on his professional journey in 2004, he has meticulously honed his expertise in the intricate realms of competition, employment, and bankruptcy law.
His extensive experience in competition law is underscored by his pivotal involvement in numerous landmark cases. Asep has notably spearheaded significant actions brought forth by the Indonesian Competition Commission (KPPU) against prominent corporate entities. These encompass high-profile litigations such as the Singapore Technologies Telemedia case, which centered on allegations of cross-ownership within the telecommunications sector. He also steered the legal representation for PT Carrefour Indonesia in a case concerning alleged abuse of dominant market position. Additionally, Asep showcased his acumen in cases involving PT Telekomunikasi Selular Indonesia, addressing alleged cartel practices to fix text-message charges, and represented PT Pfizer Indonesia and PT Salim Ivomas Pratama in a cartel allegation spanning the pharmaceutical and cooking oil industries. Asep's prowess extends to overseeing merger and acquisition notifications to KPPU, seamlessly addressing competition-related concerns. His purview also encompasses comprehensive due diligence assessments of commercial arrangements and client activities, accompanied by expert guidance and memoranda on distribution arrangements, joint venture agreements, and various commercial undertakings, all under the purview of Indonesian Competition Law.
In the realm of employment law, Asep has emerged as a trusted advisor to businesses of all scales, offering strategic insights into a spectrum of labor and employment matters. He is sought after by companies and executives alike, benefiting from his counsel in litigations across Indonesian district courts and the Industrial Relations Court. These cases span diverse issues, including tort actions related to alleged employee appropriation and disputes revolving around working hours.
Asep's reputation as an authority in his field is not confined to courtroom engagements alone. He is a distinguished presence at workshops and conferences, where he imparts his expertise on a range of topics. His speaking engagements encompass competition law, consumer protection, bankruptcy and suspension of payment matters, as well as the intricate landscape of corruption issues.
Asep's illustrious career reflects his deep-seated dedication to the legal practice. His remarkable journey is characterized by a profound understanding of competition, employment, and bankruptcy law, illuminated by his strategic insights, litigation acumen, and thought leadership in various legal domains.
- Representing PT Meratus Line before the Supreme court in defence against the KPPU’s decision on price fixing.
- Represented PT Goodyear Indonesia Tbk., before KPPU and an Indonesian court on allegation of cartel conduct in the tyre industry in Indonesia.
- Represented Singapore Technologies Telemedia Pte. Ltd., STT Communications Ltd. and Asia Mobile Holdings Company Pte. Ltd. before KPPU and an Indonesian court on allegation of cross ownership in the telecommunications sector in Indonesia.
- Represented PT Telekomunikasi Selular Indonesia before KPPU and an Indonesian court on allegation of cartel conduct in the telecommunications sector.
- Successfully defended PT Tokopedia in a civil lawsuit regarding data privacy and consumer protection.
- Successfully defended PT Antam (Persero) Tbk in front of the Supreme Court against several mining companies
- Represented PT Indosat Tbk., against Asosiasi Pengusaha Wartel Indonesia (APWI) before the District Court and the High Court on telecommunications issues.
- Represented PT Supreme Energy Rajabasa before the Administrative Court in relation to licensing for geothermal energy exploration.
- Represented PT Geo Dipa Energi (Persero) in a dispute against another party before the Indonesian National Arbitration Board (BANI) in relation to a breach of contract under a project development contract in geothermal energy.
- Represented Mining Resources Pte. Ltd. against other parties before BANI in relation to a dispute over the results of a coal survey analysis.
- February 12, 2024
- February 6, 2024
- February 1, 2024